CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

More gorgeous scenery in AZ

On Sunday, Brian surprised me and took me up to Fish Creek which is only about 30 minutes away from my house. I am constantly amazed at all the beauty that is so near by. Here are some of the pictures we took. A lot of the scenery was absolutely breathtaking!!

I believe this is a yucca plant, not 100% sure. It just growing kind of by itself with the blue sky in the background was too pretty to pass up.

You have to take at least one driving picture=)

This was the view down from the road. We drove about 5-10 miles back on a dirt road to get to Fish Creek (which wasn't really a creek by the way)

The view from inside the cave we hiked up to.

Outside the cave


These two pictures definitely made me feel very small.

This huge boulder was in the middle of the "creek".

Okay, so there was a little bit of water up at the top of the creek. I think it just dries out during the summertime. There was actually fish up at this spot about 4 inches long in these little ponds, crazy!

Some pics there are no words to describe. You truly can see God's glory in nature.

I couldn't believe this, this is a COMPLETELY ORANGE dragonfly!! Body, wings, everything-I have never seen anything like it.

We finished off the day with ice cream at the Ghost Town. Whoever comes to visit me next, I will be taking you all to these spots.

So that was my weekend. I love being able to get out into nature and to see all of God's many creations. I love being able to go out and see all of these things. There are so many places to go and explore down here, and I can't wait to see more of them.

2 comments:

Mom and Dad said...

Loved the beautiful pictures. Won't Hawaii be amazing, I can't wait! Good to see you smiling! Except a mom question, where is your seatbelt young lady and Brian's too . . . Love you tons and tons.

Hans, Shell, Gabe, Hiett and Tait said...

So, um, do I ahve to race anyone to get to see you next? Ok, well it probably won't be until Spring, since "the big trip" is coming so quickly. Is Brian coming or not? I can't wait to meet a guy who makes my sister smile so wide!